Master Your Morning
I don’t know any successful people who do not have some kind of a relatively structured and occasionally elaborate morning routine. So without further ado, here are 5 things that I do EVERY morning.
1) Make My Bed: Accomplishing a small task to start the day will get you in the correct mindset for the rest of the day. This shouldn't take more than 2 minutes, which is about how long it's gonna take you to think of an excuse NOT to make your bed.
2) Drink a Glass of Water with Lemon: This helps with digestion enzymes in the liver, which is great for anyone with any type of stomach discomfort. It also helps replenish your energy levels while strengthening your immune system. I recommend drinking at least 12-16 ounces, but If you're a real boss, you'll just eat the entire lemon as is, skin and all!
3) Breathe and Move - After hours of the body being in a fixed position during sleep, it is important to generate blood flow and get our joints moving first thing in the morning. This will lead to much more energy and productivity throughout the day. You need this before the chaos of the day starts! Here is the routine that I do every morning that addresses every major joint complex. Once you learn the movements, it should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete. If you'd like to try a new routine, just send us a message here.
4) Give Gratitude: Life often gets so hectic that we forget to pause and reflect on all of the positive things in our world. This helps give us purpose and direction for the day. It’s hard to be upset or depressed when you give gratitude for all of the blessings in your life. There are no rules for this. I often find myself acknowledging the luxuries we often take for granted, such as: shelter, clean water, food, friends, and transportation.
5) Take a Cold Shower - Mentally, this is all about overcoming the fear of being uncomfortable. Physically, the cold exposure offers benefits like lowering stress and cortisol levels, in addition to reducing inflammation. Most importantly, it wakes your ass up and prepares you for crushing another day of life! It's that feeling you get when you’ve accomplished something that you didn't think was possible. Your mind overcame the body's resistance, which is the approach you can use next time you face adversity. Try starting off with a quick 2 minutes, and gradually increase the time from there.
Once you are able to win the morning, you're going to be able to carry that momentum into the rest of the day. Don't wait until next week to start winning. The time is N:OW!